200g digestive biscuits, broken into uneven crumbs
100g butter, plus extra for greasing
3 tablespoons golden syrup
2 tablespoons cocoa powder
100g dark chocolate
1. Butter a 18cm / 7in sandwich tin.
2. Melt the butter and syrup in a pan.
3. Stir in the cocoa and raisins, then thoroughly stir in the biscuit crumbs.
4. Spoon into the tin and press down firmly.
5. Melt the chocolate in a bowl over a pan of simmering water and spread over the biscuit base.
6. Chill for about half an hour.
This is such an easy go to recipe, I totally recommend it!